Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Stove Cleaning at Its Finest!!!






Cleaning my stove is always a chore. I usually don't do it when my kids are home, because nothing removes all the gunk on the stove & stove unless it has harmful fumes... And my kids... are ALWAYS home!!

So then I had an idea. A while back I used the 1 part vinegar & 1 part dawn solution in my shower and it pretty much worked a freakin' miracle in there! I did post about it, but for some reason lost all my pictures.

So here is my stove with the solution on it. (I know. I know it's old & dirty!!)

All I did was fill a squirt bottle half with dawn (regular) and half of it with white vinegar. I placed it in a pot on the stove that had warm water in it (I had just cleaned out a candle jar) and let the solution sit for a minute or two to warm up and then shook the bottle. (the original recipe said to place in the microwave. I was NOT dirtying another dish, because my bottle would've melted.)

I let it sit for about 30-40 mins..............

........


.........


And then scrubbed with warm water. I sprayed the trouble spots again, put a small amount of hot water on them and let them soak for another 15 minutes. (while I cleaned the rest of the stove)



Then I got out my trusty-rusty +MagicEraser and sprayed the spots and scrubbed some more.

And THIS is my finished product. I must say my stove sparkles now!
The whole time I was cleaning the stove.. I was also cleaning the grates! That will be my next post.. For now.. Hi-Ho. Hi-Ho . It's off to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment